We did our weekly webinar this morning 6th August on Apprenticeship funding & Kickstarter Scheme aswell as an update on C-19 support from the Government.
New Apprentice Scheme
- The scheme is open to apprentices taken on from 1 August 2020 and 31 January 2021.
- Apprentices must not have been employed within six months prior to the start of the new apprenticeship.
- Claims under the scheme can be made from 1 September 2020. These will be made through the apprenticeship service.
- Payments will be £2,000 for 16-24 year olds and £1,500 for 25 or over. Payable in two instalments on day 90 and day 365 of the apprenticeship.
- Minimum of 25 hours per week plus training. Wages paid for 6 months plus unspecified amount for overheads. Applications from August 2020, however, this is not currently possible.
- Further details not yet available at time of preparing this blog and we will update as soon as the detail comes out.
Job Retention Bonus
- It has been confirmed that directors will be eligible for the £1,000 Job Retention bonus if they have been furloughed.
- VAT on food and non-alcoholic drinks reduced to 5%.
Eat Out to Help Out Scheme
- Businesses selling food and non-alcoholic drinks in sit-down venues can now register for the scheme and reclaim discounts offered.
- Customers can get 50% off (maximum £10pp) for food and non-alcoholic drinks at participating venues. Monday to Wednesday. (unlimited visits)
- Searchable database of participating venues available on the gov.uk website.
Green Home Grants
- Scheme will go live at the end of September.
- Tradespeople will need to be registered with TrustMark or Microgeneration Certificate Scheme (MCS) to take part.
- Two-thirds of green project costs up to a maximum of £5,000 for most households
- 100% of green project costs up to a maximum of £10,000 for households in receipt of income-based or disability benefits.
- You need to instal insulation or low carbon heating at the same time to be eligible and the vouchers can not be used to replace what is already in the property.
SEISS - Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
- Claims for the first round of the Self-Employed Income Support Scheme had to have be made by 13 July 2020.
- Claims for the second round will be possible from 17 August 2020 if you were still adversely affected at 14 July 2020.